Get off Auto mode
A Year With My Camera: Module 1
SHOOT CONFIDENTLY OFF AUTO MODE
This course takes you from pressing the shutter button on Auto mode and getting an image with no idea what happened, to being able to control every element of the exposure.
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU IF...
- you are a beginner photographer
- you have a camera with manual controls that you don't really know how to use
- you want to learn to shoot off auto, taking control of the aperture and shutter speed
- you often get photos that are too dark or too light, and you don't know how to fix it
- you feel guilty that you aren't getting the most out of your big camera
The course includes 6 lessons with video instruction, progress quizzes and checklists.
Each of the lessons has a practical photography homework, and there are 2 final projects to complete once you have done all the lessons.
This version of the course does not include individual feedback. This course plus feedback starts at £300 and is only offered when I have availability; the feedback version is currently sold out until 2018.
BY THE END OF THE COURSE:
You will be able to...
- use aperture to blur the background
- use aperture to make sure everything is in focus
- use shutter speed to freeze the action
- use shutter speed to creatively blur your subject
- use ISO as an emergency backup in low light
- correct over and under exposed photographs instantly, before you press the shutter
- shoot on Manual mode (and you'll know when to shoot on Manual, and when you don't need to)
WHAT PEOPLE SAY:
"I used to use my camera on automatic all the time - I now understand how the different settings and working in manual go together." Vivienne
"I love the week by week approach, you are given tasks to do to practise the knowledge you've gained." Su
"This course has made me actually get out of my comfort zone and practise. Wonderful teaching." Caroline
"Thanks to Emma Davies I have finally understood the basics of photography, in an easy to understand way, but at the same time without leaving anything behind. She is concise and to the point in her explanations, you will learn loads without wasting your time, everything is practical and the exercises will help you achieve one concept after another, step by step, at your own path." Cristina
"Beginners will find that Emma never talks down to you or expects you to understand techno speak without an explanation, though you will soon be quoting shutter speeds, ISO's etc., like true professionals." Amazon reviewer JW78
Commercial and fine art flower photographer. Photography instructor.
Travel Photographer of the Year: finalist
International Garden Photographer of the Year: shortlisted
Published in The Telegraph, Gardens Illustrated and by the BBC.
Author of the #1 Amazon bestselling beginner's photography workbook, A Year With My Camera.
ARE YOU A RESIDENT OF THE EU?
The course is priced in UK pounds.
If you buy in another currency, you will be charged at the current exchange rate, and your card issuer may charge a fee.
If you are based in the EU, sales tax (VAT) will be added at checkout.
You will be able to see the final price including sales tax before you pay. It can't be displayed on this page because it depends where in the world you are. If you are based in the UK, 20% VAT will take the final price from £75 to £90.