COMPOSE EYECATCHING IMAGES
This course takes you from someone who takes snapshots, to someone who sees an image in their head and can then create that image with their camera. Know when less is more, and what photographers can borrow from graphic designers to create strong, eyecatching images.
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU IF...
- you are a beginner photographer
- you are disappointed that your photos don't look how you expect them to
- you want to express your creative vision with your camera
The course includes 4 lessons with video instruction and checklists.
Each of the lessons has a practical photography homework, and there is a final project to complete once you have done all the lessons.
This version of the course does not include individual feedback. This course plus feedback starts at £300 and is only offered when I have availability; the feedback version is currently sold out until 2018.
BY THE END OF THE COURSE:
You will be able to...
- recognise subject, background and foreground as separate elements
- decide what effect the balance between these 3 elements will have on your final image
- inconspicously draw attention to your subject
- be aware of distractions within the frame, and know how to eliminate them
- use graphic design principles to create eyecatching images
- combine composition techniques to tell a story or communicate with your viewer
- see a photograph in your head and be able to take that photograph
WHAT PEOPLE SAY:
"I used to use my camera on automatic all the time - I now understand how the different settings and working in manual go together." Vivienne
"I love the week by week approach, you are given tasks to do to practise the knowledge you've gained." Su
"This course has made me actually get out of my comfort zone and practise. Wonderful teaching." Caroline
"Thanks to Emma Davies I have finally understood the basics of photography, in an easy to understand way, but at the same time without leaving anything behind. She is concise and to the point in her explanations, you will learn loads without wasting your time, everything is practical and the exercises will help you achieve one concept after another, step by step, at your own path." Cristina
"Beginners will find that Emma never talks down to you or expects you to understand techno speak without an explanation, though you will soon be quoting shutter speeds, ISO's etc., like true professionals." JW78
Commercial and fine art flower photographer. Photography instructor.
Travel Photographer of the Year: finalist
International Garden Photographer of the Year: shortlisted
Published in The Telegraph, Gardens Illustrated and by the BBC.
Author of the #1 Amazon bestselling beginner's photography workbook, A Year With My Camera.
ARE YOU A RESIDENT OF THE EU?
The course is priced in UK pounds.
If you buy in another currency, you will be charged at the current exchange rate, and your card issuer may charge a fee.
If you are based in the EU, sales tax (VAT) will be added at checkout.
You will be able to see the final price including sales tax before you pay. It can't be displayed on this page because it depends where in the world you are. If you are based in the UK, 20% VAT will take the final price from £30 to £36.